Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Introduction.

Hi everyone! My name is Denise Dosal and I’m from Brownsville, Texas. I’m currently enrolled in my last semester here at TSTC, where I will be finishing up the EA program. For the spring semester my plan is to move to Kingsville and attend Texas A&M University Kingsville to pursue a bachelors degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders. Once I graduate from TAMUK I plan on doing contract therapy. Contract therapy will allow me to move around a bit and let me explore other cities and states which is something that I want to do before I settle down. I’m not sure what my long term career plan is yet but, I would like to either work at a school or at a clinic, but I do know that I want to work with children. I think that communicating effectively will be extremely important in the profession that I have chosen. If I am going to be a Speech Therapist then it would only be right for me to know how to communicate effectively so that I could help the children that I will be working with. It is also important to have good written skills in this profession because I will have to write reports on their progress. Communication skills are also very important in the job that I currently have now , I work in customer service, so understanding what the customer’s issue is, is very important. I also need to be able to communicate with the customer well, so that I can give them the best answer possible to resolve their issue. I think that this course will help me achieve my goals by teaching me and helping me to understand how to write reports and other documents that I would need to write in my profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment