Test Plan
- Project goals in which you describe what the goals for your original project are; in this case, your original project/product is your instructions.
The goal for my instructions is to help students learn and understand how to properly format an MLA paper.
- Testing goals in which you explain what you want to learn from the test, what you hope to achieve.
The goals that I have for this test is to see how effective my instructions are. I would like to see if they are easy to navigate.
- Scenarios and Tasks in which you detail the hypothetical situation and tasks which you will give your test participant to perform.
- User Profile in which you explain the type of user which you expect will be using your product.
The type of user I expect to be using my set of instructions is a college student.
- Testing Materials in which you detail what you will need to have to conduct your test.
I will need a computer with word 2006 to conduct my test.
- Testing Protocol in which you provide step-by-step specifics as to how you will conduct the actual test.
I will have a college student sit at a computer, watch the instructions and attempt to format a paper in MLA format.
Project Goals
- What are the goals of your instructions?
The goals of my instructions are to help a student navigate through word 2007 and be able to format a paper in MLA style.
- How are they useful or beneficial to the user? What do users want or need to do?
This is useful to a student who needs to have a paper formatted in MLA style.
- What is the general background of the users?
Users will be first year college students who have not had experience with MLA format.
- What is the context in which the user is working?
- What has to be left to the machine? What to the user?
Testing Goals
- which one of the MEELS are you going to focus on for your test?
- why did you choose that particular measure?
- what type of information do you think you will learn?
- how do you anticipate that information will help?
User Profile
- Who are the users, what do they know, and what can they learn?
The users are college students that can learn how to do an MLA format on a paper.
- What do users want or need to do?
They need to format a paper in MLA style.
- What is the general background of the users?
College freshman
- What is the context in which the user is working?
- What has to be left to the machine? What to the user?
Scenarios and Tasks
What tasks will you have them do? They will have to be using the instructions to complete the tasks so you might want to look at your instructions and create tasks that your users will be able to do while using the instructions?
Testing Materials
Word 2007 will need to be installed. I will be taking notes by writing then down on paper as the students takes the test and then I will transfer them to word.
I will need a paper, pen, and a computer with word installed.
What software do you need installed on the computers?
Word 2007
Will the user be using something during the test?
The user will be using word 2007 and the instruction slideshow.
Can you think of any other materials which you need for the test?
Testing Protocol
- Where and when will you be conducting the test? How many people will take the test?
There will be two students taking the test.
- How will you break up your 30 minute test? What will you start with? What will you end with?
I will start with letting the student view the instructions, and then attempt to format the paper. The results will be an MLA formatted paper.
- What methods will you use? How long will you wait if your user is having trouble? Why? Will you let them ask you questions for help? Why? Will you interrupt them if you think it is necessary? Why?
I will wait until the student is done attempting the particular task that they are having trouble with. I will do this because I plan to test is my instructions are easy to follow. I will let them ask me a question for help because this will help me to determine if one of my slides is not understandable. I will not interrupt them if I think it is necessary. I choose to not interrupt them because I wouldn’t want to disturb them during this test.
- Will you ask questions during the test or after the test?
I will ask questions after the test.
- What type of outputs or deliverables will you have after the test? One will be a test report? What other items will you be able to submit after the test?
I will be able to submit screen shots of the results of the formatted papers.
No comments:
Post a Comment