Friday, December 3, 2010

Project 4: Usability Reflection

·         What did you find was easiest about doing the usability test?
The easiest thing about conduction the usability test was conducting the test itself. It was a quick test.
·         What did you find was missing in your test?
I should have included a sheet to write feedback or a survey on what could’ve been changed in my instructions instead of asking the students to suggest any feedback. There could have been a possibility of them being more honest and suggesting what could’ve been improved in my instructions.
·         What did you learn about your instructions form the test?
I learned that my instructions were successful and that they were, for the most part, easy to follow.
·         Did you find the test valuable? Why or why not?
Yes I found the test valuable because it let me see firsthand that the students were able to format paper after viewing instructions.
·         What changes did you make to your instructions after user testing them? Did the results of usability testing surprise you?
The change that I will be making to the instructions is possibly splitting one of the steps into different sections so that it can be better followed.
·         Comment on working collaboratively? How was this similar, different, easier, more difficult than other projects you have completed on your own?
Working with the other students was different and easier than working on my own, I was able to view firsthand how my instructions helped them, instead of just writing them and assuming that the instructions would be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment